Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: SG to reunite??

  1. #61
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    Well after becoming somewhat irate after reading the latter part of this thread, responding impulsively and feeling I was somewhere else, I wandered away for a while.

    Devon I do not consider any one country in the world the centre of the universe! That comment was offensive.

    As for what I consider the *complex* issue of Darren's recording contracts etc and his career in the USA, I have no *facts* therefore I try to refrain from making any judgments. I do not understand the music business here, let alone overseas. In fact anything to do with the business side of Darren Hayes (to me personally) is none of my damn business.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Devon, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take that tone with the rest of us in future.

    Michelle

    xx

  3. #63
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    To satisfy my own curiosity as to what information Sony Music is prepared to share with the general public regarding one of their artists, I have emailed them.

    I will let you know if I receive a reply.

  4. #64
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Juliet10:
    Devon, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take that tone with the rest of us in future.

    Michelle

    xx
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Agrees. You know what Devon, we've all agreed to differ with one and other at some point on this board but NO-ONE has ever talked to the rest of the board members like you have. You may well have a point but please don't talk to the board like we're retarded boppers. Lose the tone!

    Thank you Barb for e-mailing Sony Music. It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 27, 2003 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

  5. #65
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BarbT:
    Well after becoming somewhat irate after reading the latter part of this thread, responding impulsively and feeling I was somewhere else, I wandered away for a while.

    Devon I do not consider any one country in the world the centre of the universe! That comment was offensive.

    As for what I consider the *complex* issue of Darren's recording contracts etc and his career in the USA, I have no *facts* therefore I try to refrain from making any judgments. I do not understand the music business here, let alone overseas. In fact anything to do with the business side of Darren Hayes (to me personally) is none of my damn business.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Agrees with Barb. I personally found the tone of some of Devon's comments out of order here. Nobody on this board has ever assumed one country to be more important than another. Anything discussed here has been based purely on the facts that we do know not on assumptions and rumours that may or may not be true.

    Thank you for e-mailing Sony Barb [img]smile.gif[/img] It will be interesting to see what reply you get from them.

    Janie xx

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 27, 2003 06:55 AM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Devon Saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Juliet10:
    Devon, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take that tone with the rest of us in future.

    Michelle

    xx
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    My tone? I was insulted first with the whole "oh she mentioned the USA and we all know the USA is center of the universe crap" and then with the "let's see if she can substantiate her claim" other crap.

    Look at yourselves before you judge others. I stated things as I saw them and was immediately jumped on. That's not what I call an open minded forum willing to accept others differences.

  7. #67
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    I don't see how me asking you to substantiate your claim can be taken as being insulting and/or judgemental. Myself and the others have merely asked you to adopt a different tone when posting replies to comments that you do not happen to agree with. Is that too much to ask?

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 27, 2003 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

  8. #68
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Just a little more news to add to this debate:

    Apparently Heart 106.2 fm (London radio station) said yesterday that SG would be reforming. Now although they have been very supportive of SG in the past, they were also the ones who said that Darren would be moving to the UK, so I take these rumours with a pinch of salt [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  9. #69
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    You know, it does make me wonder if there might be more than a kernel of truth in this whole 'SG to reunite' saga.

    Of course, that could just be wishful thinking! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #70
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twizzle:
    You know, it does make me wonder if there might be more than a kernel of truth in this whole 'SG to reunite' saga.

    Of course, that could just be wishful thinking! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Nah just means the SG news, carried by camel train has made it over the ocean to the UK without drowning on the way [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I think it was on the f/c board I posted being cynical about the timing of this so called reunion story.....just after Darren announces he's working on an album.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •